The Commander of the Sri Lankan Army, General Sarath Fonseka, has confirmed that LTTE chief Prabhakaran’s body has been found on Tuesday morning by the Lankan troops.
The terror chief’s body was found by the 53 Division troops led by Major General Kamal Goonarathne, Sri Lankan military sources said.
A Lankan military spokesman also said that Prabhakaran was in uniform and there were bullet wounds on his head.
Canary Trap brings you exclusive pictures of Prabhakaran’s body released by the Sri Lankan Army.
1. Sri Lankan troops surround Prabhakaran’s body.
2. Sri Lankan army soldiers lifting the body of Prabhakaran.
3. Prabhakaran’s body was recovered from the battlefield on Tuesday.
Earlier, the Lankan military also released a photo of the body suspected to be of Prabhakaran’s eldest son, Charles Antony. According to the sources, Antony was the head of Information and Technology department of the LTTE.
The Lankan military claimed that they have positively identified 18 bodies of senior LTTE cadres. The list of identified LTTE leaders include:
- Pottu Amman: LTTE’s Intelligence Wing Leader
- Bhanu: LTTE military leader
- Jeyam: LTTE military leader
- B Nadesan: LTTE’s Political Head
- S Pulidevan: Head of LTTE’s Peace Secretariat
- Ramesh: LTTE special military leader
- Ilango: LTTE Police Chief
- Charles Anthony: Eldest son of LTTE chief V Prabhakaran
- Sudharman: Aide to LTTE leader’s son
- Thomas: Senior intelligence leader
- Luxman: LTTE military leader
- Sri Ram: Senior Sea Tiger cadre
- Isei Aravi: LTTE female military leader
- Kapil Amman: LTTE deputy intelligence leader
- Ajanthi: Female LTTE training in charge
- Wardha: LTTE mortar in-charge
- Pudiyawan: Secretary to the LTTE leader
- Jenarthan: Special military leader