Came across these photos in the digital archive collection of the US presidential library. Some good historical photos. Enjoy…
1. Photograph of President Truman shaking hands with Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru of India upon Nehru’s arrival at Washington National Airport, while Indira Gandhi disembarks from the President’s airplane, “The Independence” – October 11, 1949
2. Photograph of President Truman shaking hands with the Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, upon Nehru’s arrival at Washington National Airport, as the Prime Minister’s sister (Madame Pandit) and daughter (Indira Gandhi) look on – October 11, 1949
3. Photograph of Prime Minister Nehru with Madame Pandit and Indira Gandhi, standing outside George Washington’s house during their tour of Mount Vernon, ca – October 12, 1949
4. Jawaharlal Nehru laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery, ca – October 12, 1949.
5. Nehru with Secretary of State Dean Acheson, ca – October 12, 1949